BFGoodrich Tires established the Outstanding Trails program in 2006. Through this program, BFGoodrich Tires promotes sustainable and responsible off-roading by awarding grants to passionate off-road clubs to help preserve local off-road trails. Over the past decade, BFGoodrich has awarded over $180,000 for preservation efforts on 48 trails.
For 2018, BFGoodrich is partnering with 4 Wheel Parts to promote this program. Jeep Jamboree USA, the United Four Wheel Drive Associations, the Blue Ribbon Coalition, and the Off Road Business Association are other critical partners.
The nomination period for 2018 runs between March 30 and August 1.
At stake are four, $5000 grants, each awarded to a deserving off-road club. To participate, a club must nominate a North American trail they feel deserves funding for maintenance and refurbishment. Trails are selected based on uniqueness, terrain type, and enthusiast support.
Hear more about the experience from the Grand Mesa Jeep Club, a 2016 grant recipient organization, here:
To nominate a trail, complete the application here.
Previous recipients of grants from the Outstanding Trails program include:
- Chinaman Gulch, CO – Ute Pass Iron Goats
- Elephant Hill, UT – Red Rock Four Wheelers
- Grizzly Lake, CO – Colorado Off Road Enterprise (CORE)
- Purinton Creek Trail, AK – Alaska Extreme Four Wheelers (AKX)
- Sidewinder Trail, Kremmling, CO – Mile-Hi Jeep Club
- Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway, KY – Ohio River Four Wheelers
- 21 Road, CO – Grand Mesa Jeep Club
- Hagen Creek Trail, WA – Piston’s Wild Motorsports Club
- Applegate-Lassen Wagon Trail, NV – High Rock Trekkers
- Bald Mountain OHV Trails, Sierra National Forest, CA – Clovis Independent 4 Wheelers
- Barrett Lake Trail, El Dorado National Forest, CA – Hi-Landers 4WDC
- Black Bear Pass, Silverton, CO – Creeper Jeepers Gang of Durango
- Pole Line Trail, PA – The HUMMER Club
- Billings Canyon, CO – Grand Mesa Jeep Club
- Mineral Basin Trail, UT – Dirt Hedz Off-Road Club
- Dutch John Trail, NC – The Carolina Trail Blazers 4WD Club
- Kansas Rocks Recreation Park, KS – The Brush Beater Jeep Club
- Truckhaven, CA – Tierra Del Sol
- Mirror Lake Trail, CA – Visalia Lock and Low 4-Wheel Drive Club
- Blanca Peak Trail, CO – Creeper Jeepers Gang of Durango
- Bents and Dents Trail, AL – Central Alabama Off-Road Society
- Interlake Trail 19, IN – Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association
- Morrison Jeep Trail, WY – Magic City 4-Wheelers Inc.
- Dusy-Ershim OHV Route, CA – Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno
- Rausch Creek, PA – PA Jeeps
- Drummond Island, MI – Drummond Island Off-Road Club
- Yacolt, WA – Crystal Crowder
- Johnson Valley, CA – Victor Valley 4 Wheelers
- Holy Cross, CO – Big Horn Jeep Club
- Barnwell, TX – Texas Motorized Trails Coalition
- Fordyce Creek, CA – Friends of Fordyce Club
- Superstition Mountain, CA – San Diego 4 Wheelers Off-Road Club
- Blacktail/Wild Bill National Recreation Trail, MT – Skyliners Four Wheel Drive Club, Inc.
- Iron Range, MN – Northern Minnesota Jeepers Club
- Pritchett Canyon, UT – Moab Friends-For-Wheelin’ Club
- Quinn Trail, Ontario, Canada – Ottawa Valley Offroaders Club
- Beasley Knob, GA – Georgia Bounty Runners 4WD Club
- Rubicon, CA – The Rubicon Trail Foundation
- Flat Nasty, MO – Capital City Crawlers
- Tillamook, OR – Raven Off-Road OHV Club
- Redbird, IN – Four Wheels to Freedom 4WD Club
- Poughkeepsie Gulch, CO – Western Slope 4-Wheelers
- Whipsaw Trail, British Columbia, Canada – Rover-Landers of British Columbia
- Naches Pass, WA – Pacific Northwest Four-Wheel Drive Association
- Upper Tellico, NC – Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
- Pyeatt Draw, AZ – Rim Country 4 Wheelers
- Black Bear Pass, CO – Creeper Jeepers Gang of Durango
- Hell’s Revenge, UT – Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc.