Editor’s note: Jhay Ar’s 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer is a labor of love. Be it the Las Vegas Strip or the desert roads of Arizona, the mods he’s made to the vehicle turn heads wherever he goes. Now, as a member of Team Hybrid, Jhay is ready to take his Lancer to even greater heights.
I came to the United States from the Philippines when I was eighteen years old. I started working at a gas station, and one day a group of guys came in with their modified cars. I was amazed and I went out and started talking to them. When they found out that I drove a 1992 Civic Hatchback, they asked me to join them. That’s when I really became interested in cars.
My very first car show was Hot Import Nights in Long Beach, California. Team Hybrid was at that show, and I immediately became a big fan theirs. About four years ago, a couple of the team’s members saw my car on Instagram and Facebook and they invited me to join them.
I’ve always loved Mitsubishis. Mitsubishi has been with my family for a long time —my dad’s very first car in the Philippines was an ’82 Mitsubishi Lancer. In 2004, I purchased a 2004 Mitsubishi Ralliart OZ edition. And in 2008 when I graduated nursing school, I purchased a brand new Lancer as a gift to myself.
I love the way my car looks and the way it drives. When I drive around with it, I get attention from everyone. Driving around Vegas and Arizona is something I really love because of the views and the great locations for photo shoots.
I don t really have an inspiration on building my car, I just want it to be unique and clean. My main goal is having my car featured in a major magazine and get recognized in big industry shows like SEMA. But the car has already gotten a lot of attention and I would like to show Hybrid Luv to the staff at BFGoodrich for allowing me to represent their company with their amazing products. The Comp 2 A/S tires have been really impressive.
Here are the specs for my car:
- Solis hypercolor shift liquid wrap
- 2015 Lancer GT front bumper with JDP carbon fiber lip
- 2009 Ralliart rear bumper with Evo 9 rear diffuser
- APR GT carbon fiber side mirrors
- Do Luck carbon fiber trunk (candy red)
- VIS carbon fiber hood (candy red)
- Varis side skirts
- ARS HL2 rear lip
- Wreckedlancer custom front fenders
- Bride ZETA III bucket seats
- Buddy club seat rails
- Bride fabric door panel
- NRG quick release and short hub
- NARDI 350mm steering wheel
- Red carbon fiber interior panels
- Takata harness
- NRG harness bar
- ARC shift knob
- D2 racing air suspension
- Cusco rear anti sway bar
- AEM front strut bar
- RRM SRI intake with HKS filter
- TSW short throw shifter
- ARC radiator cap
- Mishimoto aluminum radiator
- Red carbon fiber radiator cover
- Kenwood DNX 892
- W3 12 inch Subwoofer x2
- MB Quart 1500watts x2
Wheels and tires:
- Volk TE37 SL wheels (18 x 11 +18, Top Secret Gold)
- BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S (235/40/18)